cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refresh JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have installed and configured JDI and I tested it by creating a domain, few tracks and few dc's in tracks. now I want to refresh the DTR with my real scenarios.

1. how can i delete the domain that I have created. is it recommended?

2. how can i delete the tracks that are created?

3. how to delete SC and a product in a track, should i do it manually in SLD?

4. how to delete a dc?

5. what is the procedure to follow..i.e. should i follow this order...

DC's, SC, Product, track, domain.

6. say if i have a local dc, how can i add it to the sc of dev config taht is imported from SLD?

could someone please help me in this regard.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. how can i delete the domain that I have created. is it recommended?

No. Please dont do this. CMS starts behaving abnormally once the domain is deleted. You have to delete this entry from SLD.

2. how can i delete the tracks that are created?

Tracks can be deleted from Landscape Configurator. Under track data there is a button for deleting the track. Please note track deletion does not delete the workspaces and workspaces folders in DTR.

3. how to delete SC and a product in a track, should i do it manually in SLD?

Yes this has to be done manually.

4. how to delete a dc?

Please refer to note 864515

6. say if i have a local dc, how can i add it to the sc of dev config taht is imported from SLD?

For transferring DC's from one SC to another please refer to note 888969. Local DC's are under SC MyComponents. Hence this note should be able to help you.

However just one advice if possible just create a new track and start the development under that instead of refreshing the whole thing. This is much easier.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

First let me thank you for the reply. Although I closed the thread. I just have a couple of questions to get myself confident with what I am doing:

1. As you said, I will not delete the domain.

2. I will delete the tracks, but you said that this will not delete the workspace folders and workspaces, therefore I would just like to know how to delete this workspace folders and workspaces, is it using the DTR view where you can delete it or should we delete the DC's, SC's and workspaces before removing the actual workspace folder. I didnt do it yet, but want to clarify before I do something.

3. In SLD, the only thing we should delete is a PRODUCT (ofcourse all the SC's within it). isnt it?

4. Meanhwile I created a new track for our landscape, leaving all the sample tracks that I created before and removed the dev configs from NWDS.

5. If I delete a track, is it going to delete dev config that is stored in SLD and imported in NWDS?

if YES, then i think the dev config of that particualar track would disappear in my NWDS, when I refresh. as you said deletion of track doesnt delete the workspace folders in DTR and since I dont have the dev config of that particular track, I will not be able to see the worspace folder structure in DTR? am i right?

if NO, how can I delete the dev config in SLD?

could you please guide me how to handle this situation.

Thank you

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to delete the workspaces and the workspace folders please refer to note 855537. You will have to delete all the folders and files under the workspace using the note i had mentioned in the previous post. You can also refer to help.sap.com where it is given how to do the same using command line client.

In SLD you will have to delete the product and the SC's. Agin i dont think this is necessary. I feel you can leave these things.

If you delete the track the related dev config will be deleted from the SLD. However it will not be removed from NWDS. Also it might lead to problems if you delete the track first and then try to remove the dev config from NWDS. I am not sure about this but it will be better if you remove the dev config from NWDS first and then the track.

To remove the workspaces and workspace folders once you have removed the dev config from NWDS just switch to DTR prespective and create a new client pointing to the DTR from where you want to delete and then proceed.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (0)