cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying location of saplogon.ini for GUI710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I would like to specify the path to different saplogon.ini files in the saplogon.s8l file of SAPGUI 710.

Previously, I was able to specify the following with GUI 640 installation in the saplogon.ini file:

Cmd="/ini_file="C:\windows\saplogon_grp_all.ini""

However, this option no longer seems to work in the saplogon.s8l file of 710. Does anyone know how to specify this in 710?

I know you can make use of the environment variable saplogon_ini_file, but I do not want to change environment variables everytime I am at a different customer. Using different sal files with different locations of the saplogon.ini file allows you to maintain the SAP systems of different customers separately.

Thanks

Wilhelm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilhelm,

Actually, it still works in version 710. As you wrote you add the line

Cmd="/ini_file="C:\windows\saplogon_grp_all.ini"" below the lines

[Execute]

Exe="C:\Program files\SAP\FrontEnd\sapgui\saplogon.exe"

in the saplogon.s8l.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP team

Recently I installed SAP GUI 710 in my new Windows 7 (64bit) laptop, we are supporting multiple client it is important to have multiple saplogin tab for each cleint, the new path I have tried wtih the below path it doesn't work, has anyone knows how to fix this other than fixing thru environment verifable.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.sal" /INI_FILE=D:\saplogin\saplogon_client1.ini

Please advice

Tx

Sreeni