Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the \usr\sap\SID directory

former_member391647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have moved the \usr\sap\SID directory to a new disk G: because the C: drive is full and ABAP instance SAP starts but the Java instance won't start. We have found out why, it is because the Java database still points to the C: drive. Does anyone know how i can change the directory to the new disk (G:) ?

Thanks,

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least you'll need to run configtool.bat and change the location of the secure store.

It located under G:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\configtool

Also the shares SAPLOC and SAPMNT must point to the g-disk instead of C-disk.

Then you have to walk through all the .properties files under

G.\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\admin

G.\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\configtool

G.\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\cluster

G.\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap

G.\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\cluster\dispatcher

G.\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\cluster\server0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Then you have to walk through all the .properties files under

I did it once. I will not do it again : there are hundreds if not thousands of files to modify.

It's even not consistent at all : You have to look for

C:\usr\

C:/usr/

C:\usr/

etc...

It worked but it took me a whole day...

The ABAP part was really easy; the java part was a total mess...

Regards,

Olivier

former_member391647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Well the part about java being a mess is right, and i am never going to do this again!

I am currently going threw all the files on the computer and changing them to G:

It took a couple of minutes to get the ABAP instance running, but the Java instance is a pain.

thanks for you input, i´ll let you know how it goes.

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I know that the java-part is lots and lots of work, but you're getting there

I always focus on getting the java instance to start (even if not all apps is starting).

When it's up I do the walkthrough in Visual Administrator.

Some files might be left after this, but It's not that much.

former_member391647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Well i have been going a bit nutty trying to find everything possible to change, but i am having a problem with these two:

-> root path : C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster

-> OS libs path : C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\os_libs

I have changed all the properties and i noticed these properties change back to the C drive when i restart the server. there must be another place that the Rootpath and OS libs path have to be changed.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Lisa

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  We are facing this task shortly with an ABAP+Java installation, needing to migrate the /usr/sap folders from C: to F: (was originally conceived as a small server with no SAN connection, but today has outgrown its humble beginnings).  I'm almost tempted to simply export the Java portion, as in a system copy, then uninstall and reinstall the whole system, but keeping the same SID.

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

System Copy (or System Rename of SWPM) is the only supported way.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

me too getting the same error did u get solve this issue if solved please share me the procedure and help me to solve the issue.

Thanks

R@J..

former_member391647
Participant
0 Kudos

If i remember correctly I had to run the client copy, that was the only way the database knows where the directory is...

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthews ,

thanks for your reply but i am not getting what your saying client copy means from which client to which client we need to do and in that case how the java will start. can u please give me the brief solution

Thanks

R@J..

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju, I think what Lisa and Samuli are trying to say is that you must use the official System Copy procedure to migrate the installation folders if you have a Java or ABAP+Java system.  In other words, you will take a backup of your database, use the Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM, aka sapinst) to perform an export of your Java system, then uninstall your SAP system, then reinstall it to the drives you wish, except you will do an install by system copy, using your database backup and java export as source files.  The procedure is described in the System Copy guide, which you can find at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Installation -> Installation SAP NetWeaver Systems -> Copying Systems Based on NW 7.0 / 7.0 EHPs-SW Prov. Mgr. 1.0 -> Windows / ABAP+Java.

I haven't yet gotten to this myself -- I expect to be doing this next week -- but this is the procedure I will be using.

Regards,

Matt

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thanks for your info first i did successfully system copy procedure ABAP+JAVA and i did use from past one week but two days back i had taken old system(source system) backup and restore to new system from on wards i am getting this issue.

thanks

R@J....

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying that you overwrote the database with a new restore from the original backup?  If you did that, then you probably also needed to do a reinstall with the original java export as well.  I don't think you can just 'refresh' the database of an ABAP+Java system as you might with a pure ABAP system, though I haven't tried this.  The installation guide hints at this being problematic.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Matt

can you tell me how to uninstall only java stack because its a combination of ABAP+JAVA. then i will uninstall and i will do the export installation from source system.

Thanks

R@J..

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju,

If your intent is to get rid of your Java stack and convert/revert to an ABAP-only system, then what you're looking for is the Dual-Stack Split Tool.  You can read about it http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25162, download it at http://service.sap.com/sltoolset -> Software Logistics Toolset 1.0 -> System Provisioning -> Dual-Stack Split Tool 2.1, and also read about its uses in Notes 1655335 and 1797362.

--Matt

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt,

i did that using sltoolset and i removed the java from abap again i installed java using instalation master Add-on.

Thanks

R@J..