cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data and cofiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Files in /usr/sap/trans/ Data and cofiles folders are related to patches and requests imported.

I want to know that we have files on both places like KA62062.SAP in Cofile folder and RA62062.SAP in data folder. Meaning of KA.......... and RA........ is not clear.

And also, are these files being used or not right now.

BS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cofiles directory holds the command files for all change requests. These files are like a command or control files used to import the data files. The common directory for CTS system is /usr/sap/trans. After a change request is released from the source system , the data is exported immediately to the file system of the operating system. The SAP transport utility TP uses the cofile to transport a data file.

usr/sap/trans/data: holds the data of transport objects after they are released . The example of a data file is R904073.DEV. The extension DEV means the data file was released from the DEV or development system.

in you case KA62062.SAP and RA62062.SAP is co file and data file for R3 4.7 ABAP support package 62 , this files are generating during applying ABAP support package 62 in R3 System.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I want some more information, like when we create a request and save where it is saved. next step i.e. after release, it goes to trans, am i right but in which folder or in both (data and cofiles). After import it still shows these files in data and cofile folders. And in both places file name is different i.e. RA62062.sap in data and KA62062.sap in cofiles why ?

Regards

BS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that TMS is configured .

when you create and released the request (not local request) the corresponding cofile and datafile are created in

data and cofiles folders.

RA62062.sap in data and KA62062.sap in cofiles why ?

cofile is a command file which is used to import data in data file.

RA62062.sap and KA62062.sap file is for support package. when you import support package SAPKA62062

in your system , DEVKA62062 request is created.

In general suppose you create and released the request DEVK909250 then for this request

cofile - K909250.DEV

datafile - R909250.DEV are created.

now if you you want to import DEVK909250 request in other system then you need to copy cofile and datafile to target system cofile and datafile folder and import the request in target system using STMS_IMPORT tcode.

first you need to add the request in import queue by Extras -> other request -> ADD

DEVK909250

and press enter then after import it.

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Jun 2, 2008 4:26 PM

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Jun 2, 2008 4:39 PM