cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel synchronous calls from BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how many parallel synchronous calls can XI perform at once?

Reason why I ask, for me it looks like parallel calls are handled sequentially in XI.

My scenario: I have a ccBPM that should ask three different synchronous WebServices to collect data. In the BPM I used the Branch element where one synch call is in every branch.

Unfortunately at runtime the monitoring says that the WebServices are asked consecutive and not parallel.

Even if I start a performance test an run 10 BPMs at the same time, all WebServices are asked consecutive.

So is there a unknown hidden parameter to force parallel sync calls or is XI not able to perform such calls?

Regards,

Robert

(tested on 7.0 and 7.1)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q.how many parallel synchronous calls can XI perform at once?

A. 999

Please Reward Points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maximum Number of receivers you couls send at a time are 999. So i think u can make 999 webservice parallel calls at a time.

Using BPM:

First have a receive step and then the receiver determination and the out put of this step would be a multi line element(containing all the receivers identified during the runtime).And then create a block step in par for each mode and in the properties give the multielement name created from the receiver determination step and then a send step in the block in synchronous mode.

In ID confgure all the receivers.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Edited by: Vijaya Lakshmi Palla on Jun 2, 2008 6:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mh, the 999 parallel calls only seems to be the general number for XI.

After several tests (Branch, parforeach) it still looks like the BPM can only start one synch call at time. Parallel BPM can start parallel synch calls, but within one BPM parallel calls are not possible.

I came to this conclusion, after implementing a dummy-WebService that waits 20 seconds before the answer. When I called this WebService three times parallel in my BPM I had to wait 60 seconds until all 3 WebServices were finished.

So still my question: Is this the normal behavior of XI or is there a parameter that has to be set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

will u be more specific all the questions u ask are related to time of processing

Edited by: metha sunil on Jun 2, 2008 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I don't have answer for your question but need a info from you. Could you please tell me, what tool you are using to do the perfomance test for the XI webservice scenarios?

Thanks & Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I'm using soapUI (http://www.soapui.org/) for performance tests.

Regards,

Robert