cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i disable the copy to option of orignal file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS gurus,

In Orignal tab where i am attaching my origanl file (WRD,EXCEL,AutoCAD) , if i select the attach file & right click on that you wiil find copy to.. option. I would like to disable this option.

I am using KPRO server & my data carrier type is "PC" & frontend computrers is "default".

My aim is as per the authorization user can download AutoCAD (DWG) file from DMS in dwg format & other user can not download in dwg format.

If any standard SAP authorization object is availble pls let me know...if no then let me know how can meet this requirement ?

Points should be given.

Regards,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

To what i have understood what you are asking for is not possible because the fact that in case of SAP you are using authorization objects to restrict the users to do this activity and i have not come across features in SAP to restrict right click options.

What you can try is go for a Transaction Variant which is normally used for restricting the options like for example "create with reference" (correct me if i am wrong because i have never used that functionality in DMS)

Still i think you should consult your technical team...prob with a Basis,ABAPer and a System Admin guy.

I have a gut feeling that transaction variant will not work here...as it is right click option not available in Transaction variant.

Regards,

N

Edited by: Nitesh Nagpal on Jun 6, 2008 10:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not at all Nitesh. He is referring to the "Copy to" function found in the originals area of the gui itself.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

may you can use the BADI DOCUMENT_AUTH01 to implement a individual authorization check which disables this functionality in your system.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard authorisation for this. You would have to do it with ABAP.