cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast quantity in financial terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement that the forecast quantity has to be shown in financial terms also.

Plz explain me, what are the steps to be followed to populate the forecast quantity in financial terms in DP Planning Book.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean, you want to show revenue,,,in that case , write a macro to multiply forecast with price to genereate revenue.

so you need to maintain price and revenue new KFs for this..you may also go for an auxilary KF instead of real KF for revenue if your purpose is only to display revenue...

regards

umamahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If I include a keyfigure for price, at the lowest level it is working fine. If i include multiple products and multiple locations in the selection profile, it is giving me wrong forecast revenue b'coz using a macro, i'm multiplying the price with forecast, different products have different prices. so at the aggregated level it is giving me wrong revenue, where as if i drill down to the lowest level, it is giving the correct revenue.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to get correct revenue at aggregted level also You need to create a KF revenue also which is basically sale/fcst qty multiplied by Price and would be caluclated at detailed level .This can be aggregated at any level by summation .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the calculation type that you had set for KF:price..

It should be calculation type: A average...

Your price for product is same at all levels..right?...

To have the same price at all levels, go for calculation type : A average

regards

umamahesh

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you maintain an alternative UoM that is currency? I presume the conversions from base UoM to financial is all standard in your business context. One can always configure a dataview or a selection ID to open in alternative UoM which could be a currency. If this does not meet your requirement, you can think of different key figures.