cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settings for finite schedling in PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO gurus,

I want to do the finite scheduling in PP/DS.

Please let me know how can I do it?

What are the master data required for the same?

Regards,

ravindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For finite scheduling in PPDS

1) Ensure the resource is selected as Finite scheduling

2) Ensure the Scheduling strategy profile configured as Finite scheduling

3) In the DS board, u can call the scheduling heuristic say for example , Extended forward heuristic, which schedules the planned order finitely

Hope this helps

regards

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Mr.Vijay and Mr.Severnio,

for your answers.

I am closing my thread marking it as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Things we take consideration on Finite Scheduling:

-If scheduling should be finite (if the capacity load on finite resources caused by operations already schedulded should be considered.)

-All finite resources are checked when a planned order is created (A planned order is only cretaed if there is free capacity)

-Downstream optimization of the plan is possible

• in Finite Scheduling Backward with reverse:

PLANNING MODE - Find slot

PLANNING DIRECTION - Backwards with reverse

-you can use the 'find slot' finite scheduling mode to schedule an operation in the 1st slot in the planning direction that is long enough available capacity. Take note that you can only use this scheduling parameter for the resources that are to be finitely scheduled. In the case of infinite resources, the system alwasys schedules an operation inifintely on the desired available date, without taking existing schedules into account.

If you want to allow an operation to start in the past in the schedule, use the offset time in the strategy profile. You should enter a negative offset time.

*in CTP Planning with Finite Scheduling:

REQUIREMENTS: Sales orders, Dep. requirements, and so on)

- you can defined finitely-planned resource in the resource master using the 'Finite Scheduling' indicator (and if required, using the "Finiteness Level" indicator)

*in Strategy Insert Operation:

-you can use this to schedule an operation in an existing schedule(as closely as possible) to the desired date even if there is no slot in the schedule for this date or the slot is to small.

Take note that you can only use this scheduling mode for single-activity resources that are to be finitel scheduled.

*there are other things to take into considerations llike:

-finite resources with capacity overload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Severnio,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Can you please write more about---

finite resources with capacity overload.

Or you can send the link.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

np...I would like you to have picture between finite and infinte scheduling with capacity overload to have a greater look

- if your planning with INFINITE SCHEDULING there is an alerts output when overload on finite resource, while

- with FINITE SCHEDULING, existing loadtaken into account when scheduling finite resources.

How to do this:

- you define whether the system may not exceed the resource capacity during scheduling of operations (finite scheduling) or whether it can schedule any # of operations at one resource simoultaneously (for infinite scheduling). With an infinite scheduling mode, you can schedule an operation on the desired availability date w/o taking the resources load into account. Then you must select a relevant scheduling mode for finte or infinite scheuling in the detailed strategy and define in the resource wether the resource is to be scheduled finitely or infinitely.

Please take note that infinite scheduling of an operation may lead to a resource overload that can be displayed for finite resources in Alert Monitor. You must use a corresponding PP/DS alert profile for this. for the reource, you may define the maximum length a resource overload can be before are alert is generated.

I hope this make sense