Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Customer Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a requirement to extend the customer master data.

Basically, here is my scenario: Currently, we have some customers existed in the system with a company code and sales org JP02.

However, for new requirement, we need to extend the existing customer to company code and sales org JP01.

How can I do this?

I tried using LSMW but I found out that different account group or distribution channel will have different screen. It's very tedious for me to do all BDC for all kind of acc grp/dist channel.

Is there any more stable way that I can use?

Hope someone can help me, it's kind of urgent. Thank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this with the help of BDC. Goto tcode XD01 and give the new Company code and sales area details in the above along with the customer number. And give the existing customer number, company code and sales area details in the bottom and press enter and also have to navigate each and every screen by pressing enter button then last save that.

Rgds,

Bujji

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to create LSMW with standard object. For more info check here:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/LSMW/StdObject/StdObject.htm

Regards Vassko!

0 Kudos

Hi Vasil,

I've done according to your suggestion which using the SAP standard object. But when I create the batch input session, I get the error as below and cannot progress.

FB104 Trans. 1 XD01 : Acct already exists; general area not being processed

I think it's because of my customer number already exists so that it cannot let me to proceed. How can I proceed now as I'm not creating a new customer but extend the current customer to other company code and sales org.

Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

try to upload data only for the Sales Area Data ( if you are going to extend the existing customer only for new Sales Organization) . Maybe your error is that you are uploading some General Data or Company Data which already exist.

Regards Vassko!

0 Kudos

Hi Vasil,

It still not work even I do not put any input to the KNA1 and other structure except KNVV(sales data).

Do you have other solution? It really make me headache.

Anyway, thanks to you first.

0 Kudos

I know that the post is old but better to answer it properly

Structure BKNA1 General Customer Master Record Part 1 (Batch Input)

deactivate transfer_record at the end of the structure as shown below

ENDOF_RECORD__ After Using Conversion Rules

Rule : Default Settings Modified

Code: *transfer_record.

0 Kudos

Yes, this coding change works fine .

0 Kudos

This is the correct answer.  Paul, Thank you for posting it. 

Most of the other answers on this topic are not particularly useful. 

0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I know it's an hold post but i hope you can help me to understand how to create the company code data for a customer (vendor) already existing as general data, using LSMW - Standard Batch input/Direct input (RFBIDE00).

What i want to do is to deal separately the following steps (if possible, otherwise in a single step could be ok):

1. create general data for customer (vendor, GL account).

2. create company code data for that customer (vendor, GL account).

Thank you for your help!

Giuseppe

0 Kudos

Giuseppe,

I don't understand requirement 1.  I thought you said the customer/vendor already exists.  At any rate, to create the general view and data for one company code, you can use the RFBIDE00 (for customers) direct input program.  There are plenty of tutorials you can find on the web to walk you through that. 

For 2., you want to extend to a company code, sales org (customers), etc., after creating the general view.  In other words, anything requiring the XK/XD01 transaction.  For this, you have to do as the good response suggested.  In LSMW step 4 'Display Field Mapping and Conversion Rules, select the general record (for customers, BKNA1), choose Layout (Ctrl + F7) and check 'Processing Rules'.  At the end of the BKNA1 record you'll see a field '__END_OF_RECORD__.'.  Comment out the code in that line (most likely says 'transfer_record'. 

The other, less elegant approach, is to do a recording of XD01.  However,you'll find that if you need to add fields, etc., you'll need to re-record and remap. 

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this with the help of BDC. Goto tcode XD01 and give the new Company code and sales area details in the above along with the customer number. And give the existing customer number, company code and sales area details in the bottom and press enter and also have to navigate each and every screen by pressing enter button then last save that.

Rgds,

Bujji

0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I've tried with this method via t-code XD01 in LSMW, but sometime, I don't know why, the system cannot capture some of my fields (it's exist in my text file) and error prompt out. Thus, I'm suspect the BDC in LSMW is not very stable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar requirement. Please let me know if we have any BAPI to extend exiting customer to another sales org .