cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI or CTS+ For transporting XI object Dev to PROD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have project with only have DEV and PROD PI 7.0 SP13, CENTRAL SLD in the lanscape. There is requirement to use transporting system like ABAP stack (The user doesn't want to use files).

Which product that i should to installl in the my lanscape NWDI or CTS+ and what is the different ?

Please advise.

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

Edited by: Fernand Lesmana on Jun 2, 2008 9:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. in which server i have to install CTS+ ? DEV or PROD or both ?

2. is CTS+ support PI 7.0 SP13 ?

3. does it any impact on the current ABAP transport system ?

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1.cTS+ in DEv server

2.Yes,SPS12 or higher

3. It wont

************Reward points,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from this thread I take it that NWDI is somewhat another option to CTS+ whilst I wasn't under the same impression after reading help.sap.com.

CTS+ appears to me just a useful means of managing Java and ABAP transports from a central dashboard. However the distinction between NWDI and CTS+ is still kind of blurred. Would any of you please shed some light on this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

For Java development, you will still use NWDI until the assembly step. The result will be a software component archive, which can then be moved over to CTS+.

For XI development, it is possible to use CTS+ instead of of CMS at the transport technology.

You also might want to take a look into the following document, which highlights the combination of CTS+ and NWDI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0d96022-9df5-2910-90b8-8e0580e0...

Interesting quote:

"Usage type DI is by no means invalidated by this [CTS+] scenario: The NWDI is the recommended environment for JAVA-based development."

Best regards,

Dennis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP NWDI is the infrastruce that allows you to develop java objects .

You can use CTS+ to transport the Integration Builder Objects (IR and ID) in XI

The major advantage of CTS+ transport is that it can be used as single transport mechanism for transporting mixed applications like XI where we have ABAP as well as java objects for transport from one server (e.g Development) to other server(e.g QA).

So, Becoz of this I suggest you to go with CTS+

***********Reward points,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Choose CTS. here we can transport the java objects in abap stack itself.

This will be done by first creating the request then we will include the Java objects in to that particular request.

NWDI will affect the server performace badly --- its my personal opinion.

So i suggest you yo go for ADAVNCED CTS +

Regards

Vijay kumar G

Edited by: vijay kumar gopal on Jun 2, 2008 9:28 AM