cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

division deactivation but historiacal data should be available

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client planning to merge 2 division.Now he wants that one of the division should not be active means when user create order/contract that division should not come in the options but all the previous data should be available of that diviosn in SAP.

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not believe that you can remove a division from the matchcodes and still see the old data (other than through reports).

To prevent a division being used on sales orders, de-assign it from pricing procedure determination - if a user enters the division the order entry will fail with "no pricing procedure could be determined".

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

If you want to restrcit the end user to create order using that division,You can delete the assignment of Sales area to order type..So that for sure he cant create sales orders for that Division and i didnt see the effect on past reports..If you have dome Sandbox system..Try to play the scenario..

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried that but not able to reterive past data.Message coming no division exist no sales area determined.Any other idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is right message system is giving. If you delete the assignment you can get the report.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

But we want old data as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case simple way is to not to use that division anymore. You can handle this particular requirement for authorization for the subject Division.Talk to you Basis consultant for more details.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll work on it with basis consultant thanks for the support

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

What do you mean by Division ?? If I understood your question correctly, your client is going to merge 2 plants to 1. If this is the case, then you will have some big task. If not, please enlighten more on the situation.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't had to do this myself, but this should work: Delete the assignment of division from every sales organization in the IMG. This will prevent creation of new sales documents for that division. You will still be able to view the sales documents that were created under that division.