Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM and own container variables and their usage in transform

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a question about the usage of own container variables within the transform step of a BPM.

I want to know whether I can get the actual content of such a container variable within the mapping being done in the transform step.

I have been looking into this forum upon related topic(s) but somehow they all seemed to go about being able to get standard values like messageID etc within the transform step and NOT about getting your own variables ... It is clear that getting those standard variables will not work directly ( not without actually getting them into an XML payload before entering the BPM) ...

So basically I want to define global BPM variables, populate them with some content during BPM execution and then at some point reference those container variables in the mapping ( prob via java code ) in a transform step ... Is that supported ?

Regards,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>So basically I want to define global BPM variables, populate them with some content during BPM execution and then at some point reference those container variables in the mapping ( prob via java code ) in a transform step ... Is that supported ?

no, this is not possible

you can only compare those varabiels with some of your message tags (in a loop step for example)

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)