Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade....Courses!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My corp is going through an upgrade from 46. Do you know any of the training courses that would be of help here ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP course ADM326 (5 days long) handles upgrade to ECC 6.0.

You must still read the upgrade manual carefully, read related notes, read the upgrade manual again and the perform your first sandbox upgrade.

Things will happen which are not covered by the course, but you are then familiar with the procedure and have not made simple mistakes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerog,

There is an upgade forum and an education (courses) forum here at SDN as well. Would you like me to move your question there?

The course related answers should come from those forum: Folks who specialize in aspects of upgrades. Security being a relatively specialized aspect (sadly so), I am also okay with leaving it here.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Juluis,

Yes. You can move it ot the right forum.Matters must always be in the right process !!

But Juluis, Security being specilized, as you rightly mentioned, I am keen to know the on the SECURITY upgrade..is it only with PFCG or more ...

I have searched the forum ..google but could not hit on the Security aspect alone ..may be its clubbed together with others.

please move the question to Upgrade forum.

Thanks

0 Kudos

I'll leave it here for a while, then move it if required.

0 Kudos

Hi George,

the main points after the upgrade regarding security (I am talking now about authorizations...) are performed in SU25. Youa ctivate the 'new'/additional auth.checks, you have to adapt your existing roles and generate the profiles.

Please keep in mind, that the delta between 46C to ECC6 is yuite big, so you will have to spend some time in updating your roles.... After that the testphase for that roles has to be planned....

So the step after upgrade for adapting the roles to the new release will not be a task which can be finished in a few hours.....Rather calculate with some days (depending on how many roles you have and how many administrators can work on the adaption....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernard. Was informative

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks