Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery server and XI

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello people,

I have heard that if an organisation (which have already implemented SAP) wants to try XI (by developing few basic scenarios) to see if it is for them, they can download the "Discovery server" to set up XI using that.

1. Is that true?

2. How XI can be installed in the so called Discovery server? Or does the discovery server comes with XI pre-installed in it?

3. What is the relation between discovery server and XI/PI?

4. Can SOA be implemented using this "trial XI/PI" ?

4. How can a company try XI? I mean are there any trial versions of XI/PI? and how much it may cost?

Thanks a million in advance.

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Discovery Server.. chk these

rgds

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Discovery server can be used....but there are restrictions imposed on the use of Discovery server...the most basic restriction is the number of people who can simultaneously work on the server...if it crosses this magical number then your server become very very slow...and the number is not more than 5-7 concurrent logins....also as the number of objects increase in the server the server gives in....so when not needed it is better to inactivate the unused objects......this is my personal experience and hence would advice you to please do a thourough research.....you can consider a Discovery server same as a Trial version of a software....if limitations are followed then need not worry about anything :).....

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, discovery server can be used