cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a transport while being imported will cause data corruption ?

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could someone please advise whether deleting a transport request while being imported (having the truck symbol) will cause a data corruption, or that all the changes done to the file system will be rolled-back ?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system will not perform a roll-back of the transport.

Even if you remove a transport from the queue, it will be imported since the queue is just the starting point for the import job.

The import is handled by the transport program "tp" which controls the import. Different steps are handled by background jobs (which are event-triggered by tp). tp communicates with the background jobs via tableTRBAT and the background jobs reports their status back to tp via the same table.

Never change this manually. Only if recommended by a OSS note.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas , Kaushal,

First of all, thank you very much for your interest.

Yes Kaushal, I meant changes in the database.

Thank you very much again.

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tomas,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Let me ask my question in a different way:

If we discover after successfully importing a transport request, that it should'nt have been imported, is it possible to conduct a roll-back to all the changes that this request has caused to the file system ?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to say that you can not perform a roll-back of a transport with less then a point-in-time recovery of the database.

So, in an production system that's usually not an option.

You have to list all objects in that transport and retrieve the earlier version of each of them (in the DEV-system).

Since you get a new transport, release it and import accordingly and you're back to the older release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we discover after successfully importing a transport request, that it should'nt have been imported, is it possible to conduct a roll-back to all the changes that this request has caused to the file system ?

-> when you import request there is no change occurred in file system.

-> i think you mean to say after importing a request , you need to rollback to previous stage.

there is two way .

either import the previous version request or use tcode SE95 ( use carefully)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that the production system usually is locked for changes,

E g it is not possible to retreive previous version of objects (not allowed).

kaushal is right, if you have the very same object in an older request, you can choose to import it again.

Please be carefull since all objects in the request will be imported, so it's important that only the objects you want to reset is in the request.

Depending on the transport system setup, you might need to delete the request from the import queue, add it via menu Xtras --> Other Requests --> Add and enter the request

Select the old request for import.

Note that you need to set the option "Import Transport Request Again" otherwise nothing will happen.