cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Acct Grp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where can i assign acct grp for Carrier (Type-vendor) partner function?

Is it done by SD or MM? I see 0005 acct grp for carrier, but not sure where CR is assigned to it.

What is the difference b/w this acct grp and normal SD acct grp?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Based on the account group fields will be changed in the master data.

There is no seperate account group for SD and for other based on the requirement we can use.

If you take customer related accoung groups in that fields are different to Vendor account group.Function of the account group also may differ.Based on the account group the accounting data also will change.

For example:-If you take customer account AR,

Vendor account will be AP.

Based on these accounta groups Customer master and Vendor master data will be maintained.

Is it done by SD or MM? I see 0005 acct grp for carrier, but not sure where CR is assigned to it.

SD also can do ,you go to XK01 transaction select vedor account group i.e 0005 then create vendor master data.

In the partner determination procedure you maintain partner funtion carrier in your procedure.Do the all other settings related to partner determination.

Now you can assign the vendor number in the customer master data Sales area data prtner function tab.

You can enter the vedor in the sales order or in delivery also if you don't check the required check box in the partner detrmination procedure for that partner function(Carrier)

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

After that you can run your transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a 0005 for Prospect customer in SD, and for MM 0005 acct grp shows as Carrier. How is this possible? I create carrier master record under account grp 0005 in XK01 and if create another record under XD01 for the same 0005 acct grp which is now called prospect carrier, it becomes different. How is this happening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umakanth,

The account group in SD and MM are different. The functionality of both are the same.

Eg: 0001 account group in SD (Customer Master) is

Sold-to-party, but 0001 account group in MM (Vendor Master) is for vendors.

Prase

Answers (0)