Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I process messages with status = "Holding"

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I process messages with status = "Holding" from the RWB-Message Monitoring - Adapter Engine?

I did a quick scan for records with errors in the same queue (ConversationID), but could not find any.

I tried to cancel the one with the smallest sequential number, but I got the error - "Unable to cancel 1 of 1 messages; update the status"

Please help.

Thanks

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to clear up the queue and to re-process the messages.

Thanks

Swarup

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your response.

In Integration Server the messages were successful, in sxmb_moni all the messages were shown as successful so there is nothing in the queue. The issue is they were being shown as status "holding" in RWB i.e. this is in Adapter Engine.

Regards,

Sudheer

Edited by: Sudheer on Jun 2, 2008 6:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note 811864 might help u,

In note 816022 you find some trouble shooting for AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards,

Shabari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Stop and start your communication channel.

this will solve your problem

Thanks

Sunil Singh

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Holding comes into play when ur scenario is having multiple inbound interfaces and you checked "Maintained order at runtime"in interface determination in ID. Suppose message will hit first inbound interface once it is successful then it will hit second inbound interface. If first inbound interface fails then most of the message will be in "Holding" status depends upon XI AF queues ID.

I did a quick scan for records with errors in the same queue (ConversationID), but could not find any.

You will not find bcoz of AE archiving settings.

Try to check the with business guys, whether they need the order of processing. If not the case try to Uncheck the box "Maintain Order at runtime".

Regards,

Rao.Mallikarjuna

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Thanks for your valuable response.

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sudheer,

was this issue resolved for you and wat did u do to fix this one ..

please give your valuble suggestion as we are also facing the same isssue

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh