cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System Back Up on Windows ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I take complete SAP System Backup in Unix, I use ' nohup tar ' command and take the backup of saplog* , origlog, mirrlog, sapdata* and saparch* ...Do I make simply a copy of all these directories on Windows or on Windows there's any more directories

which I need to backup for incase, if I want to restore the System as and when needed ?

Also, what about complete Windows OS Backup as well ? Any roadmap / resources / links ?

Any / All Inputs are highly appreciated and would be rewarded with appropriate points.

Best Regards,

- Ishan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In windows, there is a in built GUI Based tool called NTBACKUP which backs up files and directories on your system.

You can take backup of the SAP folders and system state data which contains all the OS related information which would be helpful in cse of OS failure.

When you take backup thruogh this tool, a .bkf extension file is created, Store that file in separate Servers.

If you want to use this tool, just type ntbackup in Command Prompt....a new session will open....

Any queries are welcomed.....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishan,

Vairous tools are available to take Windows OS backup. Backup tool will have options to perform Entire OS directories/Flat files.

While restoration files will be stored in same directory.

If any queries most welcome.

Regards,

Ganesh