cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade a SAP Web AS Java 7.0 to a new SPS stack (SPS10 to SPS14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

trying to upgrade SAP Web As Java 7 (SPS10) to SPS14.

During deployment I got the following error

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/caf~eu~gp~ui~dt~comp~cons.. 
Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/caf~eu~gp~ui~dt~comp~cons. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: 
        com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/caf~eu~gp~ui~dt~comp~cons. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? 
 (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Has anybody an idea what's wrong?

Regards

Karin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member277499
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This is a great help.

I was patching from SPS06 to 15 and got the same problem in CAF.

java.rmi.remoteexception: cannot deploy application sap.com/caf~UI

As SAP said, to change the Visual admin settings, I did that and it moved on. CAF is applied. Lets see if it gives any error in any other component.

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I had faced the similar problem from upgrading to caf-eu 4.0 to sp15,

The SDMlog file found as:

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/cafeugpuidtcompcons..

Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/cafeugpuidtcompcons.

In the forum discussion as mentioned i have changed the default setting to false & the deployment resumed.

Thanks Kiran,

Regards,

Chetan Poojary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the answer to the SAP Call solved the problem

see

Could you please check if the option "DuplicateNameCheckEnabled" is set

to false?

If not, please set the configuration attribute

"DuplicateNameCheckEnabled" to FALSE. You can find the attribute with

the VisualAdministrator under

Cluster/server<NR>/Services/ConfigurationAdapter -> webdynpro -> sap.com->

tcwddispwda -> Propertysheet default

When this is done please start the deployment of the SAPEU SCA again.

Regards Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

Iu2019ve seen similar problem with the deployment of application sap.com/cafeugpuidtcompcons that was caused by the conditions described in note 784677. The cause was that application sap.com/cafeugpuidt contains the same WebDynpro content as sap.com/cafeugpuidtcompcons and since SP12 the WebDynpor container checks for this. The solution was to undeploy application sap.com/cafeugpuidt and then continue with the update/upgrade.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your answers.

I have respected to do an upgrade of the JSPM Tool firstly.

And I just tried to undeploy the package by means of SDM and than to do a redeploy, but without any success.

Meanwhile I opened a SAP Call (hopeing they can help)

Regards

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check for the more trace files and logs in the JSPM and try to undeploy the cafeugpuidtcompcons from SDM

and then start redeploying it once again and check.

Thanks and Regards,

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you remember to first update JSPM before deploying the stack ? You can check note 891983 "JSPM Central Note" which contains solutions to errors during deployment for various software components.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There were lot of new developments and new fetarues added in the core components of Java in SPS14 release and also it is also benchmarked as SR3 release.

Hence,certain components cannot be directly updated to SP14 from lower levels,although i donot know about the indepth complexities.

Hence,I suggest you to patch to SP13 level first and then bring it to SP14 level.

It will work fine for these releases.

Regards

usha