cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Package for MDM 5.5 SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are struggeling a little bit with the connection to the MDM Server.

Portal version = NW04 Stack14, MDM version = 5.5 SP3 and the Business Package for MDM has been installed in the EP.

SAP EP on a single server, MDM on a single server.

In the documentation for the Busines Package for MDM at page 4 where we are "Creating Portal Systems Objects for Custom Repositories", I have a question regarding the MDM server references.

Step 1. System adm - System conf - System Landscape - My folder - New - System - MDM Server - Next

Step 2. System name= MDM, ID=mdm, prefix=com.xx, Language = English, Description = My test - Next

Step 3. MDM Server = ???? The host of which the MDM server is running or the MDM server itself - and which password should we use, The password for the host, the MDM server or the database????

Regards

Kay-Arne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kay-Arne.

You should use the hostname for the server you are running the <i>MDS</i> on (same one you mount in the <b><i>MDM Console</i></b>).

The password is the password set for the <b><i>MDM Server</i></b> (if any, as it might be blank).

Easiest way to think about this step (step 3), is thinking of it as mounting the <b><i>MDM Server</i></b>, in the same manner you would do it in the <b><i>MDM Console</i></b>.

Regards,

Nir<b></b>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful answer, but did not solve the connection issue.

Regards

Kay-Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, Kay-Arne.

Don't you get the repositories' list after you enter the hostname and password for the <b><i>MDM Server</i></b>?

Can you mount this server using the <b><i>MDM Console</i></b> on the same machine?

Regards,

Nir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From my portal server, I am able to mount the MDM Console, if that means that I am able to use the SDM Data Manager from the portal server to select a repository and to log in.

Regards

Kay-Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kay-Arne

Did you reach step #4 "Select Repository" in the add system object wizard (i understand that you completed step #4, correct?).

If you do get as far as step #4, is the MDM repository listed in the drop down list?

please provide precise info, on which step your are stuck?

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I managed to solve this issue by myself:)

I think the error is that I used the system templates from sp2....

Either way, i created a system from par "com.sap.pct.mdm.tech.systems" and filled in name, id, prefix, language and description. From there I opened the object, selected:

Usermanagement

- Usermapping: admin,user

Connection properties

- MDM 5.5 Host Server: Myserver

- Repository Language: English [US]

- Repository Port: 2005

- Schema Language: English [US]

System Aliases:

- My_MDM

Saved the object

Maintained the userid and password through Personalize

Connection Test - and it works