cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint a specific area in BusinessGraphics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a BusinessGraphics UI control in my view and I am using it to show a scatter plot. Now, can I paint only a specific area inside that plot?

The default background of my plot is white but I want the background color of the rectangular area (x1,0,x2,ymax) to be painted in say, green.

In other words can I choose the background color of specific areas of the businessgraphics?

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Within the Chart Designer right-click on Scatter in the Overview window and choose 'Add Value Range' -> a new node is inserted in the Overview window called 'ValueRange1'.

Just click on it and change its properties (color, ranges etc) as desired.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kai,

that is what I was looking for.

Satyajit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sathya,

Yes u can choose the backgroung color accordingly,:

The SAP Chart Designer is a tool that enables you to influence the properties – that is, the graphical elements – of a business graphic, such as chart type, size, layout, color, and shading.

procedure:

1.You start in edit mode of the view where you inserted the BusinessGraphics UI element.
2.To start the Chart Designer, choose Chart Designer from the context menu (right mouse button) for the BusinessGraphics UI element in the outline window.
3.The Chart Designer opens in a separate window in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. The Chart Designer appears with the structure described in The Chart Designer
4.The upper-right window displays an overview of the graphical elements with which you can configure the settings, changing the properties of the business graphic.
5.Select the graphical element you want to modify – either directly with the mouse button in the graphics preview or from the overview of graphical elements.
6.Enter the desired properties and values, such as the color. You can use either RGB values or hexadecimal values for the color.
7.The business graphic then appears with the modified values in the graphics preview.
8.with menu path File--> Save

Part of the graphical element represents properties of the Business Graphics UI element. These are, for example:

§ BackgroundColor

§ Chart type

§ Dimension

§ FontFamily

§ TransparentColor

These properties are assigned default values when you create the BusinessGraphics UI element (see IWDBusinessGraphics). You can assign new values to these properties (graphical elements) immediately in the property window of the UI element.

When you define new values for these UI element properties (= graphical elements) in the Chart Designer, these new values overwrite the values of the UI element properties when you save the metadata.

EX. for changing the prop of graphical element:

1.Start the Chart Designer from the context menu of the BusinessGraphics UI element in the outline window of the view.

2. Select the corresponding graphical element such as Background, from the overview. The corresponding graphical element properties are displayed.

3.To change the background, choose property Color from the list of properties in group Area properties.

4. To change the value of the color, enter the desired RGB value in RGB(255,255,255) or a hexadecimal value (#FFFFFF) for “White” or select a color with the mouse button in the color palette by pressing the button.

5.If you enter the RGB color RGB(245,238,217), for example, the business graphic is displayed with a beige background.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried the chart designer but if I change the background color through this designer, the whole chart is modified.

I want only a specific rectangular area of the chart to have a different background color. The rest of the chart should not be affected.

How can I do this?

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sathya,

It is possible to select the particular series or the category and set the background color correspondingly.Try the following procedures for creating an example inthe above post and see.THis should work.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya,

Just now worked with it me too could change only the full background color and not the particular background of an object.I think so it is the property of the bui.graphics that only the full background could be changed.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

So does this mean that this cannot be done?

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya,

I hope so that this is not possible.Bcoz a background usually changes the whole color of the design.

Regards,

Nagarajan.