cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS: Debug: Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem with NWDS is that many times when i try to start the debbuging process i can't connect to server. The error message is: << Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused. >>

The only solution i have found is to restart the J2EE server. After the restart the debug connection starts but if i disconnect and later try to connect again.. the error message appears.

Also, when i restart the J2EE server from Eclipse->J2EE Engine->myserver:3603->J2E Instance 02 on myserver->server0

and during the process of restart, i can start and stop the debugging process many times.. When the server0 has all processes running the problem starts!

I can see there is another post at but with no reply.

Regards,

Thanassis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you say we have also encountered this error.

we used the following procedure and we found that the occurences reduced drastically.

As i understand hotdeploy doesnt happen so

1. Disconnect the thread hooked on to.

2. Make the change.

3. Build the code.

4. Deploy the code.

5. Debug the Remote application.

As Windows Preferences says build on each save, the save used to trigger the build and we landed in resource out of sync and after a couple of attempts the port gets locked.

Regards,

S.Divakar

former_member4958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divakar Salla, how are you?

I have one doubt about your post:

- How can I "Disconnect the thread hooked on to" ?

Need I do it in the Database? If yes, how I can do it?

We have here the same problem and when we tries to use the debug in our JAVA, appear the message: Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused

Thanks for your help.

Marcos Cristiano Ickert

Basis Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

How can I "Disconnect the thread hooked on to" ?

I guess you are using NWDS or Eclipse? In the Debug View there is a button for disconnecting. See here:

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/reference/views/debug/ref-d...

Regards,

Tanja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thanassis,

can you please check the note

#952795 - Central note for debugging J2EE Engine

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/952795)

It also includes some help.sap.com documents and an attachment of screenshots you can download directly from the note.

Best Regards,

Ervin