Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while activating DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am activating my DC, I get the following error,

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BuiltIn Type or Simple Type expectedddgen] [Info] Generating datatypes/com/diagonal/sd/workmenu/workmenumodel/types/Zsdefn.gsimpletype

[ddgen] [Info] Generating datatypes/com/diagonal/sd/workmenu/workmenumodel/types/Zsdekc.gsimpletype

[ddgen] [Info] Generating datatypes/com/diagonal/sd/workmenu/workmenumodel/types/Zsdemidn.gsimpletype

[ddgen] [Info] Generating datatypes/com/diagonal/sd/workmenu/workmenumodel/types/Symsgv.gsimpletype

[ddgen] [Error] Structure com.diagonal.sd.workmenu.workmenumodel.types.Zkwd01Wm_Mob is not generated

[ddgen] [Error] BuiltIn Type or Simple Type expected

[ddgen] [Error] Generation failed due to errors (7 seconds)

Ant build finished with ERRORS

Build DC in ide is working fine.

Any ideas.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and this post helped me to resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great post! Solved my problem for me.

And for me too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post help me solve the problem too.

Thx.

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great post! Solved my problem for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would just like to thank Fabian for the last response and exellent pointers!

B.R

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue that an adaptive RFC-based DC worked fine locally, but threw the same "simple type expected" exception during activation in NWDI.

What actually happened was that one of the simple types that the structure required was (for whatever reason) not available on the NWDI server.

In your case, you would have been able to check this situation by doing the following:

- in the web dynpro explorer, open the "Dictionaries" node and then open the node of the model that throws the error. Then open the "Data Types" and "Structures" nodes. Look for the faulty structure (in your case, "Zkwd01Wm_Mob")

- Double-click on that structure. You see a list of elements and their simple type.

- Each of the simple types listed there must exist in the DTR, not just locally. Usually, this should be the case, but for me it wasn't.

Using the Navigator view, I located the simple type under src/packages (in your case, it would have been under src/packages/com/diagonal/sd/workmenu/workmenumodel/types. Right-click on the two files associated with the simple type and select "DTR". Then click "+ Add". If the "+ Add" entry is disabled, that specific simple type is already available on the DTR server and cannot be the faulty one.

So for anybody else,who's got the same problems, you might as well try this!

Regards,

Fabian

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excellent thread, solved my issue too...

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted the DC and created again.

Now its fine.

Regards,

Shubham