cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data management limitations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am fairly new to MDM and have a question regarding MDM capabilities.

1 . Is there limitation on the type of master data that can be controlled via SAP MDM. I saw couple of presentation which says that SAP MDM can help with following master data types : Material, Employee, Customer and vendor. <b>Does that mean , that only these four categories of master data can be controlled via SAP MDM.</b>

Also if its possible to create structure for any kind of master data type from SAP R/3 , Can anyone help me with the process to be followed.

Thanks & Regards

-Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

There is no restriction as such that you can use MDM only for specific Master Data objects. The repositories for the four objects that you have mentioned are delivered by SAP.

If you want to have your own Master Data object, you will have to design your repsitory by your own. That is nothing but to desing a database which will hold the data for your Master data object.

You can create any table in MDM. You can log on to the console, create a new repository and create tables for that repsository.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there anybody in the group who can give me some insight on how to use MDM for management of Financial Hierarchies, chart of accounts, G/L accounts etc. for a Global implementation ? We are planning to have one point of contact for any creation/modification of this data and would then liek to syndicate it to other SAP instances.

I can be written directly at stanroody@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

As Ravi said there is no restriction to the Master Data objects in SAP MDM, its all depends how we are maintaining the Repository at SAP MDM Console level and the corresponding map we are using.

To know about the same, kindly read Reference Document of SAP MDM console->Part 4. Repository maintenance.

If you dont have the document kindly mention ur personal mail-id I will fwd the same.

Its better to know abt the tables & fields also.

thanks & cheers

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi and Alex,

Alex, Can you please forward the doc at the following id: singh.praveenk@gmail.com

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check ur mail.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have to maintain the following using MDM

1) Cost Center and other financial Hierarchies

2) Chart of Accounts

Apart from the standard objects like :-

3) Material

4) vendor

5) Customer etc.

Could you forward me any documentation and let me know what's the best way to do it using MDM 5.5

Thanks,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Could you plz send me the documents on MDM repository maintenance. As i'm getting into MDM , it will be of gr8 help if you could forward me the same.

Regards

Rijish

Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot to mention my mail ID for the request for docs on MDM repository maintenance rijish.kishore@rediffmail.com