cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deployed an Sap XI adapter on pck, I used programatic coding for log. (I still cannot see the log by log-configuration.xml), sample code are like the following

Location loc = Location.getLocation(this);

loc.setEffectiveSeverity(Severity.ALL);

loc.addLog(new FileLog("D:/Temp/location.log",new TraceFormatter()));

loc.debugT("log from the location object");

the log is outputed, but now the file is more than 1GB, i want to clear the content, now the system told me that there is a sharing voilation, How to clear the log file

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

Just try reducing the severity to Severity.WARNING, so that the dump will get reduced.

Its basically the severity that caused the huge size of the log file.

check it out.

regards,

P.Venkataramanan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tang,

please check this link. It will be helpful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/aa/fce73a86e99c77e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is a log file on the file system, not in the db, how can i delete this file, when i want to delete, the system report sharing violation

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you could stop the j2ee engine,

make the file empty,

start it again.

I would also change the configuration of this log file to a default like: 10 files à 20MB or something like that...

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you quick reply:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spring,

It seems your problem is not yet solved!

Stop all the sap services and delete the file. Even if you stop the J2EE server, the services will be still running!

goto ctrl panel -> services

stop according to this sequence,

SAPOSCOL and then SAP<SID>_0x (0 to x)

then delete that file. You will be able to.

Still, if you are not able to delete the file, right click on that file and click security tab and give all permissions to SYSTEM and no tick must be on deny. Now you will be able to delete the file. This happens sometimes when some file gets locked

regards,

Felix