cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minisap and bw

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have noticed minisap comes with bw, however, when trying to create a client copy for bw i keep hitting a wall and just keep wondering if oltp and olap can be put on top of the same database. is this at all feasible? when trying any of the bw transaction in client 000 i get kicked out with a message that 000 is not the client for bw to work in. i have Windows XP, 2GB RAM and very little space on my HD. Running Essbase OLAP is not an issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just do a client copy (txn SCC4) into say 001.

log on to 001 with sap* and pass

transaction SCCL choose any profile (preferably SAP_ALL), source client 000 and target client 001.

now run transaction RSA1 for initial bw setup.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

i get the client 000 error message when doing client copy (SCCL) even when logged into the newly created client using sap* id, the actual missing point here was to update the RSADMINA table with the new client number, the note 793717 seems to be wrong to suggest to make (start?) an entry in the V_CCCEXIT table. It's the other way round. I have removed the entry from there, ran SCCL. The steps for BW client in your minisap then are:

1. scc4 create new client shell for bw

2. remove the entry from V_CCCEXIT table (see note 793717)

3. sccl with the relevant profiles

4. se16 RSADMINA table with the new client number

To check run trx rsa1.

Message was edited by: greg misiorek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja ,

Isn't possible to copy a client to a new one with the minisap ?

I used the classic procedure:

- log on client 001 with SAP*, transaction SCC4, creation of a new entry (client 200).

- log on client 200 with SAP* and password PASS.

-> "Name or Password is incorrect"

What a pity !

Thibaut

Answers (0)