Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Proxy Objects

animesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a little confusion about how actually proxies work. Suppose a non-sap system or an external java application wants to interact with XI how it works with java proxies. I want to know where actually proxy objects(both client and server) resides and how they interact.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Animesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Animesh,

All the PROXY objects either Java / ABAP will reside on your Sender / Reciever applications. When you generate a PROXY for a given interface, the entire interface is encapsulated into approriate code.

This code is what you are going to call from your application systems. As they have been generated only after eastablishing the connection between Appl and XI (in case of ABAP) and in case of Java its generated on XI itself (it gives you some classes which you import and use it on your application), they know where the XI system is and how to connect it. Your BASIS team should be able to do these settings.

Hope things are little clear now.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help you.

animesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks ravi,

It really helps me a lot.Can you please tell me how to call those java proxy objects from ER3 system?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Animesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Animesh,

I will try to answer your question. (As I have neve worked with Java Proxies).

When you generate a Java PROXY from your IR, it will give you either some kind of JAR files, which you should be able to import and call the Beans generated.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help you.

animesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes a jar file is created, but i dont know how to call them from ER3 system.The jar file can be imported but the class files inside them are in java.So how we can use those files or objects in abap(in our ER3 system)? If you tell me how to call abap proxy objects then also it will help me to find my answer.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Animesh

Message was edited by: Animesh Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aminesh,

Look at this weblogs. These should help you.

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

/people/srinivas.gv/blog/2005/09/27/concept-of-proxy-generation

In ABAP, a class and corresponding method will be generated. So, you just make a call to that from wherever you want to trigger the interface in your application system.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : If you have got your answer, please reward appropriate posts and close the thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos