cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dotnet Iviews in external facing Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is there a way to use dotnet iView in an external facing portal with the same light features as java iView?

We have an iView showing some detail information without any controls on it. But, if the iView was loading, all the stuff like htmlb and epcf was loaded to.

Regards

Frank Steding

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the "external facing portal" logistics should work.

First make sure your portal supports this feature (this should be SP14 and up). And also make sure you page uses the "light" layouts, and that no tray is shown. Last, make sure your user logged in into the "light-mode". So far, these are all the normal requirements of 'light' portal.

Now, in order to make sure that your PDK <b>iViews</b> don't bring all those scripts you just need to add a property to your code file (above the class is one option) -

[PortalComponentClassProperty("EPCFLevel",0, PlainDescription="EPCF Level")]
public class .... : SAP.Portal.Web.UI.PortalComponent
{

This should prevent those "heavy" scripts from loading. (note that it wouldn't prevent ALL the scripts).

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer

Thank for the hint. i change my coding but the result is not successful.

If the iView was loading, all the big stuff like saourMapi_ie6.js (308 kb)and ..ur_ie6.css (213kb) are loaded.

Is there a way to prevent these files from loading?

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Just to make sure I understood - when your page doesn't load the iView, you don't get the "..ur_ie6.css" file. right? (I'm asking specifically about this file at the moment)

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer

when the iview loaded, the ...ur_ui.css and the big sapurmapi_ie6.js were loaded. I dont't want them to load in an light Portal environment(external facing portal).

When this Portal was loded, these files ar normaly not loaded.

regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I'm sorry to inform you that it seems that (due to a bug) you can not avoid the following files from loading (though you don't need them):

ur_<*>.css
dotNETHandler.js
sapUrMapi_<*>.js
popup_<*>.js
urMessageBundle_<**>.js
  • is browser version (for example ie6)

• is active language (for example en)

You can open an OSS message on the PDK for .NET (component is EP-PIN-.NET).

Regards,

Ofer