cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

follow up track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a landscape in which dev,qa,prod are avaialble. now I want to transport the content that is developed in dev to qa, prod and tranining.

so I am thinking of developing two tracks.

1 track with DEV -> QA -> PROD and

one follow on track from QA to TRAINING

1. is it a correct approach?

2. currently we dont have PROD ready yet. so would like to know if it is ok to create a track with DEV and QA as runtime systems and later on extend this track to PROD.

or should the track be defined at once before doing the actual transport

3. in the follow up track, that i mentioned above i.e.

QA -> TRAINING, how can i achieve that, i.e. what runtime systems should i define? I want to remove the consolidation tab in this track, how can i do that?

Please help me in this regard.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for point number 2, its not necessary that your complete landscape be setup. You can add the Production runtime system later also.

For points 1 and 3 you can create a track connection of type transport between the two tracks, so that all the developments done in one track will be available for the second track.

I dont think you can remove the CONS phase. All you can do is that you can not associate a runtime system with that phase. You can assign the Training runtime system to TEST.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

why don´t you deploy the SCA(s) via SDM into the training system? Then you don´t have the overhead of creating a new track.

If you plan to also deploy every change that´s coming in the future to the training system the second track probably helps you not to forget a deployment.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidarth and Helmut,

sorry for delay in replying.

OK, I define only one system when creating a follow on track to my training system. i.e. my training system as a TEST runtime system. why shouldnt I select that as a Production runtime system instead?

while creating a follow on track, which software component should I select, i.e. should I select a software component that I used in main track or completely a new SC.

could you please clarify?

Thank you