Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset number creation in EBP ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, a quick question:

I would like to buy an asset using EBP, so I enabled the "AS" (A) account assignment.

However, I need an extra data in that kind of account assignment: CC. So, I opened the account assigment in SPro and I just added the "Cost Center" field.

The result: I have 3 fiels in "AS":

- ASSET_NO

- SUB_NUMBER

- COST_CTR

THE PROBLEM: when I click the button "Create Asset Master" in EBP, it creates the asset number in R3. But without any cost center, without quantity, etc.

If I made this process in R3, obviously I have all the fields with value.

- Do I need another configuration ?

- EBP asset's creation feature is different than in R3 ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards from Mexico,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Are you able to resolve your Asset master with Cost center creation issue?

I am also looking for some inputs on simillar issue,where we need to send cost center data from SRM to Assets?

Pls let me know if you were able to get this done and how.

Thanks in Advance

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

For the time being with SAP_ALL profile we did manage to get the "Create Asset Master" button while creating Shopping Cart.

Along with asset class and asset description we also accept "Cost Center". However when we push "Create Asset Master" button we get error message "Cost element for balance sheet account cannot be posted to Cost center (Item Casing )" and further if we blank Cost center and create Asset ... system creates the Asset with Cost Center field "Blank".

Did you able to find solution to your problem?

Regards,

Sandeep Parab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Which SRM/SRM Server version are you currently working on?

We are working on SRM 500 and SRM Server 550 level 0007 (SAPKIBKT07).

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

I'm facing right now your same problem, need to create a fixed asset in SRM (add-on in ECC 6.0) filling in more fields (cost center, suppernumber...).

Did you get a solution?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am thinking about opening a OSS message but I do not see the icon you described. I have added authorization object M_BBP_ASS but did not work. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also defining attribute ANK in the top of the org structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

If you are assigning the line item to the correct account assignment category (AS in standard system) you should see the icon.

Try using the 3-steps SC:

First step select a product

Second step you'll have a line with the product, description, product category... There is the 'action' box at the right margin with three icons: 'details' (magnifier glass), copy, delete. Press 'details'. Go to account assignment area and select AS (asset) as account assignment category. Now you can post to a existing asset. If you want to create a new one, there is another 'detail' icon at the rigth margin. Now you should under the line item 'create new asset master record'.

I hope this helps.

Ruben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben:

Thanks for the quick response.

Tried it but did not work. I wonder if the material has to be a asset material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Any idea what additional configuration you have done to enable the "Create Asset Master" button while creating SC?

As even we are not able to locate the Create Asset Master button at our end.. strange things happening!!

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I don't think it depends on the material type, i even created fixed assets using not materials but material groups (only texts).

Check this link, maybe it helps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/03/340ff8a5c711d4b2d8000102ade1c8/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

What is the "Create asset master" button you're talking about ?

regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

1. Create a SC

2. Click on magnifier glass (Action column)

3. Open the Cost Assignment tab

4. In column "Assigned to", select the option "Asset"

5. Click on magnifier glass (Action column)

6. There's a button in the section "Create New Asset Master Record" named "Create Asset Master"

Could you see it ?