Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter COLUMNCOMPRESSION

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we have a DB error 'Row too long ALTER TABLE "KMC_UWL_ITEM" ADD ( "GROUP_ACTION" VARCHAR(1024) UNICODE )' while upgrading our Portal Platform from Sp9 to Sp14.

SAP note 852597 says to set the paramter "columncompression" to "NO", but unfortunately i cant find this paramter.

We are on MaxDB 7.5.00 Build 21.

regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_schroeder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I forgot to mention, that the parameter COLUMNCOMPRESSION was 'created' in version 7.6 of MaxDB, so if you have a version 7.5 database, you will obviously not find it.

Regards

Alexander Schröder

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

so basically i have 2 options:

1. Apply the SAP note you mentioned at your first post

2. Upgrade to 7.6 and set the columncompression paramter to no

Both should resolve the problem, right?

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

im wondering is it even possible to upgrade to MaxDB 7.6.00 from 7.5.00 on a WAS 6.40, as the 7.6.00 Version database is for a WAS 7.0 release?

regards,

Markus

alexander_schroeder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

if you have a WebAS 6.40 with 7.5.00 as database release

and the application wanting/containing table KMC_UWL_ITEM in the definition with the long columns cited above is released on that version, I have to encourage you to open an OSS message on this particular problem.

Regards

Alexander Schröder

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

actually i have already a OSS message open. The latest reply i got was from 7/12 with this message:

bitte beachten Sie Hinweis 852597. Er sollte Ihr Problem lösen.
Nach seinem Anwenden deployen Sie bitte das Tabellen sda nochmals.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

I told them that my database version (7.5.00) doesnt have a columncompression parameter. But i didnt got any replies since then. Thus i tried the SDN to get some advice

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

so far we have achived little progress. We got some reply from SAP, but mainly concerning about connecting to our system to check the table definition of 'KWC_UWL_ITEM'

So i did some investigations on my own...

The portal upgrade process is trying to add a new column called 'GROUP_ACTION' to the table KMC_UWL_ITEM with length 1024. The problem is the max byte length of a row is 8088 and while trying to add the new column, the limit gets exceeded. Thus i get the error.

After altering the rowsize of a column called "EXECUTION_URL" from 1024 to 700 by myself using the SQL Studio (didnt lost any data, as they data stored in that column doesnt exceed 20 characters) i tried to restart the upgrade process. This time i got the error message

Row too long ALTER TABLE "KMC_UWL_ITEM" MODIFY ( "EXECUTION_URL" VARCHAR(1024) UNICODE )

So it looks like after adding the new column GROUP_ACTION the process it trying to alter the changed column back to its initial length. Unfortunately this does also exceed the max bytelength, thus this error occur.

So where is the error? Its either a problem with the upgrade or its a problem with the database and its way to determine the length of a table.

Does anyone else have a problem going from SP9 to Sp14 with the portal (KM+Collaboration installed!) with a MaxDB 7.5.00 Build 21?

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Captains log supplemental: ... ahh well that was another story

Got Reply from the SAP. Seems there is a general problem with the SAP MaxDB 7.5.00 and the Portalplatform. So im getting a hotfix :).

regards,

Markus

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for the 'Rückmeldung'.

I already saw that our colleague, Bettina, was working on the issue.

Regards and a merry christmas,

Roland

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

the problem has been solved now with Build 33 of the MaxDB 7.5.00.

Thx SAP for the fast work

regards,

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The new SAP-Note 912839 covers the problem.

regards,

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our main purpose is how to get workitem data with EP UWL. Then we will be able to transfer the date to webservice directly.

so the question are:

1. Will the workitem data be update into kmc_uwl_items table when creating or modification from ERP?

2. If it's not this table, how to fetch workitem data directly?

I have checked the blogs and code sample: /people/kenichi.unnai/blog/2009/10/19/how-to-use-uwl-api-for-netweaver-bpm-tasks

We can use these codes to get bpm task itsms,But we can not get WORK ITEMS FROM ERP SYSTEM even 3 or more hours later after creating some tasks.

Could anyone help me? Thanks.

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

San,

what exactly makes you believe that your question is related to parameter COLUMNCOMPRESSION ?

Please don't add spam to old threads !

alexander_schroeder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

you should look whether note 883533 applies to your problem.

Best Regards

Alexander Schröder