cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How MDM is useful for xi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to MDM but i have experience working in ABAP, XI, and good exposure to BW . I would like to know whether MDM is helpful to me or not ? If Please let me know its scope and chances and initial guide to start.

Looking forward for all of ur suggestions

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

XI and MDM work quite closely. XI acts as a data extractor and source abstractor.

You can check my webLog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/08/29/mdm-as-a-core-netweaver-component

and then:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/20/mdm-as-a-core-netweaver-component-ii-base-repositories-using-xml-schemas

Please review the first log as I posted. Then again, on a roughly point of view, XI takes data from source (client) systems, puts it in a understandable and standard format for MDM (XML) and allows MDM to import this data. Once data is cleaned and consolidated, XI can be used for harmonization, again, by taking XML files from MDM exports and retrieving this data into its original source.

This process can be automatized by using MDM Import Server and MDM Syndicator server.

I hope that helps

Regards

Alejandro

Message was edited by: Alejandro De Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your kind response. It has given me a good idea what exactly it is . Could you please provide me some links how to get started what areas exaclty i need to go for starter............

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Login to http://sdn.sap.com --> Under SAP Netweaver choose Master Data management --> right hand side of the page you can see Quick links there you can click " SAP Master Data Management Articles ", in this area you will find all beginers documents for example MDM overview, Intro to MDME and so on.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls find the exact link below

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/mdm

Under Quick links [right hand side of the page] click

SAP Master Data Management Articles

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have gone through the overview of MDM 3.0 and i see several topics which made me interest towards MDM. As i have good experience in ABAP, XI and good Exposure to BW .I would like to know the priority of areas in MDM and the sequence to understand the topics clearly.

Appreciate everyone's help if they can send some stuff.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

As for as MDM concern, get familiar with Overview which includes Architecture, Various components of the same, Various scenarios like IT & Business and then read the documents of Import Manager, Client [Data Manager], Syndicator in detail.

Once u r familiar with all these above mentioned components try extend ur skills in the areas like how MDM get integrates with other Technologies for example SAP NW BI.

Hope this info helps you.

Thanks

Alexander

Note : Please do NOT forget to reward points.

Answers (0)