cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting End Users to creating user specific report layouts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 4.6C and I am looking to restirct end users to the creation of user specific reports only. With Global layouts being controlled by Business Process Owners.

Does anyone know if this is done by Authorization objects or via User parameters. If so whihc ones would I use

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to use authorization object. What do you mean by user specifec report? You have a standard auth. object S_DEVELOP that checks whenever you create a program using which you can restrict them from creating programs.

Hope this helps you.

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

we want to restrict the creation of layouts to be user specific-only layouts so that users cannot create and save global layouts visible to everyone. You suggest to use authorisation objects. I am trying to find the relevant objects. Can you tell me which ones they are? Thanks!

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan!

I don't think, there is a special authorization check implemented. Have a look a the documentation of function module REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY, parameter I_SAVE. Here you can see the different system behaviors - but only depending on this parameter. Looks like special program settings (i_save = 'U') are required for your requirement.

Regards,

Christian