cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client dependant/independant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anybody please tell me, Configuration and Desing in Integration Builder is client dependant or independant?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

IR is client independent, but the setting you make in ID are client dependent.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen

Do you see any reason why IR(design) is client independent but ID(configuration) is client dependant?

Can I relate this thing to normal FI/SD config which is dependant but development is independant?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In IR which is a desing tool, you only do ur design , define ur message types, interfaces and mappings. these setting are client independent.

but in ID you actually define the soruce system, destination system , client, communication type etc. most of these settings are client/adapter/communication type dependent. Hence ID is strongly typed with the end systems.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I have to test something on same Dev system but in different client then do I need to transport only ID config on to new client not IR development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I may be wrong, but I don't think so that the Configuration Scenario you define on ID won't be available on other client in same system.

Ofcourse one needs to create a new Business System for a different client.

Though the port will be different, but still the IR and ID with the same configuration and design objects will be present in other client as well

//Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now its contradictory!!!!!!!!!

What is correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kinnari,

I complety mistook ur question. IR and ID are based on Java Stack.

lets say you are doing Xi development on XI Client 10. Add you want to access interface definitions in Client 20 on the same machine. then you can. all the clients on the same machine will have access to every thing. say if you go to tcode: sproxy in client 20 , you can see all the interfaces defined in client 10.

so for testing you dont have to transport anything between clients.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen/Paresh/All

So finally we can say XI's all development and configuration are client independant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>So finally we can say XI's all development and >>configuration are client independant?

this is true of the clients on teh same machine.

Also dont forget to reward points to helpful answers!!

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>So finally we can say XI's all development and configuration are client independant?</i>

Not the developments on ABAP stack but all Java stack based developments (IR/ID)

Thanks for rewarding points

Answers (0)