cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC Model Wizard: Internal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to follow the TutWD_FlightList_Init tutorial, but cannot create the appropriate RFC model. After chosen the "Import Adaptive RFC model" wizard, I can enter name, logical system etc. in the 2nd screen, and I can enter server and user for the SAP connection on the 3rd.

Choosing next leads me then to an internal error:

PlugIn name: Web Dynpro Model Editor Services

PlugIn ID: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.service.modeleditor

Class: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.ModelDialog

Method: nextPressed

Message: Internal error - see detail information in exception trace.

Exception: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/logging/LogController)

It is a fresh installation in Windows XP 2002 Prof. SP2. (Both, Java Stack and DevStudio).

I understand, that the logging class is not found (though it is in the build path of the application), but I do not know, how to add it to the classpath of the plugin.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx!

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Just follow this steps

1. Choose the context menu entry Create Model on the Models node of the relevant Web Dynpro component.

2. In the model wizard, choose Import Adaptive RFC Model followed by Next.

3. Make the required entries – for example, to specify where the generated RFC model instances and RFC metadata are to be stored. You do not have to use an existing model package, as you can create a new one in the wizard. For the logical dictionary, you generally enter a new name for each model. The default package name for the dictionary types is <myModelPackage>.types.

4. In the next wizard window, you enter your user data for the SAP System that contains the BAPIs from which you want to generate the proxies. You use it to log on to the SAP System online.

To be able to log on to the SAP System, it must be entered in the logon group.

5. The tool SAP Enterprise Connector is started. Select the BAPIs for which you want to create Java proxies in a generation process. Then choose Next to proceed to the next wizard window.

6. The import log provides information about the generated model classes, properties, and model relations. Choose Finish to start the generation process.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Nagarajan,

but that's <b><i>not</i></b> an answer on my question. I get an internal error, when step 4. is finished. See above for more details.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

Check OSS note 832994 NoClassDefFoundError during adaptive RFC model import

Symptom

You import an adaptive RFC model with Web Dynpro tools, and the system issues the following error message:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable

(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/logging/LogController)

Reason and Prerequisites

You use SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio with Support Package 11.

Solution

The Eclipse installation directory contains a "plugins" folder. This folder, in turn, contains the "com.sap.mdi" plug-in folder. Open the "plugin.xml" file located in the relevant plug-in directory in an editor.

Insert the following line in the list of required plug-ins:

<import plugin="com.tssap.sap.libs.logging" />

The contents should look as described below. The change becomes effective once you have restarted the IDE.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<plugin id="com.sap.mdi" name="%pluginName" version="2.0.0"

provider-name="SAP AG">

<runtime>

<library name="lib/SAPmdi.jar">

<export name="*"/>

</library>

</runtime>

<requires>

<import plugin="com.sap.mw.jco"/>

<import plugin="com.tssap.sap.libs.logging" />

</requires>