cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will I know, if the asynchronous message fails in XI? Acknowledgment?

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a FILE->XI->FILE scenario and sometimes the inbound message failsin XI (bad structure or whatever esle).. Is it possible to receive some message, that the original message failed?

I have read topics about acknowledgments, but I didn't find it out, where to configure it.

Could you give me some advice, how to set it up in my scenario?

Thanx, Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

You could define an alert over this interface and any errors will result in an alert message sent out!!.

you can get an email alerting you about the failure.

cheers,

naveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

just check out these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/345d3b7c32a527e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

The following link has entire configuration of Receiver XI Adapter (including acknowledgements)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

These might help you.

Regards,

P.Venkataramanan

Message was edited by: venkataramanan parameswaran

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx 4 your answer!

I have read the links before, but still didn't understand, what to configure and where.

There is for example : Within the request message you must define whether an acknowledgment message is required

But where?? If I'm using file sender adapter, I'd suppose, I have to configure requested acknowledgemnt there... But where exactly? What parameters? What values?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

first go to the Integration Builder: Configuration

access by, the design -> Environment -> Integration Builder(Configuration).

1. Go to Scenarios

2. Create a new Configuration Scenario by rightclick and NEW

3. choose language and save

4. on the left tree choose your created scenario

5. choose Receiverdetermination

6. Enter Service = sender System

7. Choose Interface = your Interface File(Structure) from Design

8. Choose Namespace if not filled

9. create

10. open the new Receiverdetermination

11. tab"Configured Receivers" enter Service = receiving System and maybe a condition

12. save

13. Tab"Configuration Overview for Receiver Determination" open the new Receiver Service. The should be a text like "not defined".

14. click at thew first symbol(Interface Determination) Dropdown and select new

15. go on with create

16. choose Inbound Interface and Mapping

17. save and close

18. Goto ReceiverAgreement and click at NEW from the symbol-line.

19. go on with create

20. enter sender Service and communication channel

21. save, activate and good luck

I hope it helps you to setup your communication.

Feel free to contact me if you´re having problems.

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the documentation states:

"Receiver adapters that run on the Adapter Engine support system acknowledgments if they are requested by the sender. Acknowledgements are triggered when a message is successfully processed by the adapter or if an error occurs while it is being processed. Receiver adapters do not support application acknowledgments. The RNIF and CIDX adapters are exceptions to this rule, since they also support scenario-dependent application acknowledgments. Sender adapters of the Adapter Engine do not request any acknowledgments."

This means, file sender adapter does not request acknowledgments and as far as i know, there is no way to force acks in standard. Also the file receiver adapter can only send system acks (meaning message was received) but no application acks (like message has been processed successfully in receiver).

I'm not sure what kind of message you want to send when a mapping etc. fails, but if you want to inform some person within the organization, then have a look at the Alert Framework, which can be configured to send mails to specific persons if an interface processing fails.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm

Best regards

Christine