Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal APS fails to run in Crystal Enterprise 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Preethig

CA Forum: Older Products

Hi,

I am using Crystal reports 8.5 to develop my report. I use the the Crystal Enterprise 8 Version to view my reports in the IE 6.0 Web browser.I communicate to the Crystal Enterprise through my Asp pages.

From my asp page I redirect to the urlI use response.redirect

Here is an example URL:

http://Domain/Directory/Report.rpt?&prompt0=Valuemy url request is

Response.Redirect("report.rpt?&prompt0=" & some random value & "&prompt1=" & value for parameter )

and I use "sf " query string parameter for passing new selection criteria

My Problem:

In the Crystal Enterprise 8, in the Crystal configuration Manager (CCM), the Crystal APS fails to run and shows red indicator, I get a communication error.

Communication Error

Communication failed with all configured Web Component Servers because they are disabled or not currently running. If this problem continues, please contact the system administrator.

The Crystal APS has stopped running after the recent change in System Name in the Webserver.

All the other components like the Crystal Cache Server, Crystal Input File Repository Server, Crystal Output File Repository Server, Crystal Page Server, Crystal Report Job Server, Crystal Web component Server and World Wide Web Publishing Service are all running and showing green indicators.

Kindly help me to re-Configure the Crystal configuration Manager (CCM), so that I can make the Crystal APS to run again.

Thanks and regards,

Preethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: daves123

CA Forum: Older Products

check event viewer - application event log on the server - you may see

The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified).

Check the ODBC setup - make sure you use a System DSN and the credentials you use can get to the database that is holding the configuration

Hope that helps