cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial check in dcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could some please let me know why should we check in three dcs, sap-jee, buildt and jtech servcies sca files. what does this sca files contain..

does these also include jdk jar files or only the jar files that comes with sap?

when i see in the software catalog, there are many sca files, is there any good place where can i find which SCA should be used for what type of applications.

we are importing these files in dev, cons and test, but how come these libraries are available in NWDS.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First: you call them DCs, but they are SCs. They provide access to the Web AS services (like usermanagement) and the ability to build your components. All DCs you create yourself are dependent on multiple DCs of these SCs (Used DCs). If you build an Enterprise Portal DC for example, you will need the jars for the Enterprise Portal classes, otherwise you cannot build it. These jars are contained in the Used DCs that the DC creation wizard automatically defines for you.

The 3 base SC's only contain SAP software. They are available in NWDS so you can also develop for Web AS without using JDI.

Remember that the 3 SC's should have the same SP level as the runtime systems you are gonna deploy your applications to. For more info see this weblog: /people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhharth && Pascal,

Its clear, just wanted to know when should all the other SC's that are listed in SLD be used,i.e. I mean SC's delivered by SAP? We are just using only 3 SCs that I listed.

for what type of projects should we use the other SC's (apart from 3 that we are using) ? could you give me an example?

Is there a place where I can find documentation on what are all the DC's in each SC that are delivered by SAP?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

The three sca files are required for developing and building the different types of DC objects. They contain all the jar files developed by SAP.

Regards

Sidharth