Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to download CRRedist2005_x86.msi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Peanut

CA Forum: .NET

I created an application in Visual Studio 2005 and neglected to check "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0" as a prerequisite. Users that have already installed the software cannot view the Crystal Reports in my application. Is there a URL that they can download the "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 2.0" from? Essentially, I am looking for a site to download "CRRedist2005_x86.msi" Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the C:\Program files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\CrystalReports\CRRedist2005_x86.msi.

How can we use this msi?.

We have an application thats works fine in Development Server, but can't found the Crystal dll's in production server. We don't use setup project because other requirements. How can we install the Crystal libraries in production server?.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as your references are to version 10.2, that MSI will be fine. If you applied SP1 on your development computer, then that MSI was automatically update to reflect that runtime.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a copy of the CRRedist2005_X64.msi program that includes SP1 to use on Windows 7 client machines. Running the full CR.NET 2005 SP1 package on a 32 bit development machine does NOT update these files, and the 64-bit merge modules can NOT be used on a 32 bit development machine to create a 64-bit runtime package for Crystal Reports. I found a 64-bit MSI but it is the old version, not SP1, which runs but does not have the bug fixes I need that are in SP1 (such as for nested report parameters).

Also it seems that once a CRRedist2005_X64.msi or CRRedist2005_x86.msi is installed on a Windows 7 machine, it cannot be uninstalled. Are there any manual instructions on uninstalling these?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create a new thread. One query per thread - See the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Post Author: Argan

CA Forum: .NET

The only download is for the merge modules, which are then built into a setup and deployment package (msi).

There is no prebuilt msi for download for bundled versions of Crystal.