cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning message that says Exception "FM_ERROR" will not caught ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have build a simple BPM in a Block .

In this block there a synchronous send step after a switch step and a control step in case of application errors.

In the frame of block i declare an exception (for example FM_ERROR).

After in the send step at the Exception-system Error filed there is a drop value FM_ERROR. I choose FM_ERROR

and when i do check for BPM there is a Warning message that says Exception FM_ERROR will not caught.

Also there is a information message SC_NOT_USED.

What is the meaning of all these messages?

Thank you in advance.

Message was edited by: antonis konstantindis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonis,

I think the condition when the exception can trigger amy never occur. Please check the condition once again.

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Also there is a information message SC_NOT_USED.

I guess SC_NOT_USED is a container element which is not used in any of your BPM steps, that's why you see the info message unused.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well what is the meaning to declare in a block an exception ? I thought that i could used it to throw an exception for example in a control step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonis,

>>In the frame of block i declare an exception (for example FM_ERROR).

After in the send step at the Exception-system Error filed there is a drop value FM_ERROR. I choose FM_ERROR

Your steps with in BPM seems to be fine, but not really sure why you are getting that message. I have similar scenario i.e block with Sync Send step and a exception branch, but i don't see any messages like this when i activate my BPM. Also my exception branch gets triggered whenever there is a error in sync send.

>>Well what is the meaning to declare in a block an exception ? I thought that i could used it to throw an exception for example in a control step.

Yes, exception branch is meant for handling errors thrown by the steps within that block. Then you can use a control step within your excption branch to raise an alert or terminate the process or throw excption.

Regards

Anand