cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using XI's J2EE engine to develop webdynpro applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a very fundamental question. As a part of the XI box WAS architecture , we have a J2EE engine. Could we use the same J2EE engine to develop webdynpro applications - i.e

If I install a webstudio IDE on my desktop and point the J2EE engine to the one on the XI box - would this still work ? ( Assuming that I have a good sized J2EE engine on the XI box ). I am not sure whether this is the right forum, but since we wanted to use XI's J2EE engine for developing Webdynpro appls, I thought I would post this question here ...

Anybody have a similar scenario ?? We are on XI SP 12 WAS 640.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

you surely can use the same J2EE engine for web dynpro applications. But it is strongly recommended by SAP of not to put anything that is not related into XI box. Infact SAP doesnt even recommend to up custom data into tables on the ABAP Stack.

SAP will not support such a design approach. Please be advised that technically it is possible but is not recommended.

Its best to keep both apart.

Naveen

Message was edited by: Naveen Pandrangi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI use the WAS J2EE Stack.. and of course you can use this for all things what WAS J2EE Supports.

The deployment works the same way .. its the same J2EE like for EP.

Regards,

Robin

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sure you can:)

many of my webdynpro developer friends

use XI j2ee engine to deploy their applications

so it is possible for sure:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Michal,

Congrats on crossing the 3000 mark on forums! I think I am the first to wish you )

Your points are not reflected on the top three list. May be it updates a while.

Best Regards,

Felix

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Felix:)

thx but this is for all forums

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh! Keep going..