Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro auth. and security roles

werner_dornacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found how to display a login screen for my dynpro application, but I want to resstrict access to my application to specific user roles. Where do I set up authorized security roles? Theres a thread about this saying that Web Dynpros are portal apps and that I need to modify some portal apps properties, but I didn't found what. Are the security roles defined in WD project files or do I need to use the visual administrator ( or some other tools) to define them.

TIA

Best regards,

Werner.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too had faced a similar problem earlier. But now with WAS 630 SP4 am able to see as well as use the method.

Make sure you have "com.sap.security.api.jar" added to your project's buildpath in NDS. This should solve your problem.

Regards

Shakeel

werner_dornacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, it works now.

Regards,

Werner

werner_dornacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that I'm using Web AS 6.40

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

you neither use WD properties nor the visual administrator.

If you are using the Enterprise portal as your WD runtime environment you use the portal ACLs to restrict usage of your WD iView.

If you want to run your WD as standalone app. you have to restrict usage programmatically by using UME roles for example.

That´s the way I understood the statements in the other thread.

Regards

Helmut

werner_dornacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your tip!!

I found that a crucial method is missing in the code completion of the IWDClientUser interface : getSAPUser .

Best Regards,

Werner

Message was edited by: Werner Dornacher

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

the method is not missing. It´s just not displayed by the code completion in Dev. Studio.

Use it, your code will compile without error.

Or see

Regards

Helmut