cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Browser does not 'fetch' any tables back from Database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: StevenL

CA Forum: Semantic Layer and Data Connectivity

When I click on 'table browser', after waiting overnight (not me, physically..), the list of modules are shown but with no tables in. If I click on a module's contents it says 'Fetching tables' for a split secind before returning nothing. If I do a refresh the modules list goes blank. I have been able to do this until very recently, my Connection, user Account (Supervisor-Designer), BO version (6.5.1, ORACLE Database 10g) etc have all not changed. The problem we have is because there is more than 20 000 tables to return when 'table browser' is clicked and this takes overnight. Other users here with same resp. can all come in next morning to a full list to choose from - except me. We're all confused. Can anyone offer suggestions to what this could be?u201D A trace file setup via sqlnet.ora revealed nothing.

Has anybody got any suggestions here or methods of finding out more information?

Many thanks in Advance..

StevenL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: StevenL

CA Forum: Semantic Layer and Data Connectivity

Well well. The good old remove and re-install has worked! Can't understand it. After simply getting the product re-installed, I opened up Designer, imported 2 differing Universes that used the LIVE Finance Database that was causing me the problems, clicked on table browser, waited approximately 60 seconds, hit escape, all tables were visible, I dragged and dropped no problem. I didnt need to reconfigure and create new BO Database Connections, replace the BoMain Key, in fact, anything. Totally mystery yet it works so Im happy!" Many thanks for all who read, helped or assisted.

Steven