cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Runtime broken! Urgent!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have restarted the webdynpro runtime service and from now on, no webdynpro application can be started, even not sap.com/tcwddispwda. The error output is:

Error occurred on server 102848550 during startApp sap.com/tcwddispwda : com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to prepare application ''sap.com/tcwddispwda'' for startup. Reason=[WD container ] Error - portalapp.xml file not found ! Expected entry PORTAL-INF/portalapp.xml in .par file.

Regards,

Hans

[WD container ] Error - portalapp.xml file not found ! Expected entry PORTAL-INF/portalapp.xml in .par file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like some files might be corrupted..

How about trying to re-start the service in visual admin.. ?

Just check if a file is there in public folder of webdynpro.. (cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\public.)i guess this is the path..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

restarting the service does not solve the problem.

In the public folder (.../temp/webdynpro/public) there is no data of sap webdynpro components, only customer's and local.

Regards,

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then u must have lostthe sap components.. ... Are user management.. web dynpro console etc.,. coming properly..

Have you used sdm to deploy somethin.. afeter which this freaky error turned up.. ?

I myself had bad memories of important folders getting deleted.

You have file system backup.. try to replace with them

and try.. !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharatwaj,

thanks for your answer. We replace the a. m. folder with backups and now the apps are running again.

Reagrds,

Hans

Answers (0)