cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO connection language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we need to force the JCO connection to the R/3 to English irrespective of the locale supplied to the Web Dynpro application i.e. even though the web dynpro application has taken the locale as French (from the portal-personlization or browser), the JCO connection to the R/3 should be in English. We are using SAP ticket for SSO to the R/3. Is this possible?

This is an urgent issue. Can anyone think of something?

Regards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/d95664da179b4db731e21c2e470b72/content.htm

Currently i am also working on the same. The above link seems to be helpful.

But it will take some time for me to set up tickets and test it out. Let me know if that helped you.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is what is documented:

<i>If the JCo destination was created in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator using SSOUser or SNCUser , then – as a rule – the language of the current user will be used. This is specified in the User Management logon screen when the user is registered. This procedure is generally used by applications in productive operation that required authentication.</i>

I am not sure if this is the behavior. The langauge is set from the locale of the web dynpro application i.e. if I have language English configured in the UME and logged into the portal and personlized my language as French, then the Web Dynpro application as well as JCO connection is set with language French.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what is documented:

If the JCo destination was created in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator using SSOUser or SNCUser , <b>then – as a rule – the language of the current user will be</b> used.

<b> logged into the portal and personlized my language as French, then the Web Dynpro application as well as JCO connection is set with language French.</b>

When you are personalizing the language .. it will become the language of the user.and as per the document.. it will be used in Jcos..

u both mean the same..

Its correct .. right ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, yes, thats how it works.

But my problem is that I need to force the JCO connection to use English without having to force the entire web dynpro application. Can I do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an option for Setting the language in security(user authentication type) while creating the JCo..

You tried this ?Is this over-ridden by user locale..?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. This is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have some other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

There is a documentation which says this is possible for Client Certificate logon.

<i><b>Client Certificate (X509)

It is also possible to use a client certificate for the authentication. As for the ticket authentication there is no need to define a user. Please have a look to the related documentation to get the details about the needed configurations to use client certificates.

Besides that you could define the needed secure network destination (SNC) settings. Please keep in mind, that you must do additional configurations to enable SNC on your engine. Please check the available SNC documentation.

Besides the authentication method and optional SNC settings you can define the needed language. If you want to make sure, that at runtime the current user language is automatically used (i.e. the language which is assigned to the user as a default or the language, which is defined using the SAP Logon screen), you do not have to define a language. This makes of course especially sense if you use ticket authentica-tion or a client-certificate.</b> </i>

Is this also applicable for tickets? I have forced the langauge in the JCO parameters but doesn't seem to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...anybody home?

0 Kudos

When you define the JCO connection in the Web Dynpro Administrator you can leave the language blank or set it to a language of your choice.

If set, this language will be used.

If blank the language is determined from the portal or browser.

So just set it in the JCO configuration.

Kind regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Probably this language will be used on ABAP side.

But on client side all metadata will be retrieved using current session locale, i.e. independent of connection language settings.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj and Christian,

You guys were right. The problem is solved.

Dont know if you realized this, but if you leave the language blank in the JCO, it still shows something as default when you preview it (EN in my case). So we thought the JCO is already forced to English. You need to explicitly set this language and test it cause as I said, it shows some langauge even if you leave it blank (donno why!!!).

Thanks again.

Regards,

Nirav

Answers (0)