Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1713 Crystal Reports XI Install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: missmaggie90

CA Forum: Crystal Reports

Hello, I am having a heck of a time finding any information on Error 1713 for Crystal Reports XI install. I am trying to do a clean install on a new computer and I have not been able to pull it off. I am running VMWare fusion on my MAC, I have a fresh install of windows XP pro SP2. I downloaded CR XI about a year ago and installed it on my PC with no problem. Does anybody out there have any insight? Is something wrong with my MSI file? Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Maggie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having the same probelm. I solved it after do the following steps:

1.- Instal Frame Work 3.0

2.- Instal Java's Virtual Machine

3.-Copy all files to H.D. and launched the installer (from H.D.).

I'm not shure if step 3 is necesary, but i did it.

After instal the Disk One, the instaler promt me with a error's message "file m182.cab is missing", the problem was solved inserting the disc 2

Ii think ther is more nice ways to ask the second disc. lolo....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to first uninstall Crystal Reports completely from from your machine. This would include removal of registry keys as well.

Follow the following steps:

1.Click on Start -> Run -> Type regedit ->Click on Ok.

2. Take a back up of the registry by Clicking on File -> Export -> Put the location path where you want to save the back up file.

3. Refer to KBase Article number c2017464 (Search for this article in the Service MarketPlace site) for a manual uninstall of Crystal Reports.

4. After the uninstallation is done, restart your machine and copy all the contents of the Installation fie(If you are installing it from a CD) on the local hard drive.

5.Now do a fresh installation of Crystal Reports from the copied file.

Hope it helps!!

Sourashree Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

You need to first uninstall Crystal Reports completely from from your machine. This would include removal of registry keys as well.

2. Take a back up of the registry by Clicking on File -> Export -> Put the location path where you want to save the back up file.

3. Refer to KBase Article number c2017464 (Search for this article in the Service MarketPlace site) for a manual uninstall of Crystal Reports.

4. After the uninstallation is done, restart your machine and copy all the contents of the Installation fie(If you are installing it from a CD) on the local hard drive.

Hope it helps!!

Sourashree Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same problem. Can anyone have resolution for this ?

Regards

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Hope it helps!!

Sourashree Ghosh