Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM AND LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For MDM 5.5 sp2 and sp3.

Is it necessary to use LDAP for user management or Can we use only the user mapping with EP to configure access rights to users.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

the support of LDAP connectivity - which was available in the Ramp-up versions of SAP NetWeaver MDM 5.5 - has been removed when entering the unrestricted shipment (MDM 5.5 SP03). This decision has been made in favour of integrating MDM into the user management infrastructure of SAP NetWeaver, which is planned for the near future.

Regards

Andreas Seifried

former_member422122
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello MDMers,

The information here must be outdated.

I belieave MDM5.5 supports LDAP as of SP04.

Edited by: Hiromi Hara on Apr 15, 2009 8:42 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not necessary that you should use LDAP for user management for MDM 5.5 SP2 and SP3.

If at all you want to have a centralized User Management, you can configure MDM 5.5 (SP2/SP3) with LDAP.

So conclusion is if you don't want the centralized user management you can simply go for user mapping config in EP.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was told that MDM support for LDAP was removed in SP3. Has anyone else heard that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

I have not heard such kind of thing. I did check the Release notes for MDM 5.5 SP3. No where its mentioned that LDAP support was removed from MDM 5.5 SP3.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu