cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conceptual question

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

i try to post again my question,may someone can give me an advie.

scenario:

system A with NW2004s

system B with R/3 Enterprise

system A holds the user interface (webDynpro ABAP), Data + logic is in system B.

System A has a simple field called MATNR with a SearchHelp where a SAP Searchhelp should appear on pressing.

Question:

- How is it possible -without coding a lot of exits in searchhelps - to get the data for the searchhelp not from system A but from system B(where the data is located).

kind regards,

oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you want the search help window to appear in your webdynpro app.

System A : WebAS Java

System B : SAP R/3

If a Webdynpro program in System A is going to get some data from the backend that is System B then it is done through RFC's.

Now if you have created a search help in SAP R/3 (System B) then the only way you can expose data is by RFC.

There is also a good document on using search helps in WebDynpro from SAP. Refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f368bc46-0301-0010-1e92-cd1...

I dont know if it really helped you. Let me know if you are looking at something different from the above.

regards

Ravi

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hello ravi,

yes it's like we would need, but we are in webDynpro Abap not java.

but i'm wondering why sap cannot have this feature (reading searchhelp data in backend system) as a standard feature? nearly everybody who has frontend and backend in different systems will need this

kind regards oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Well if its abap then i dont know if SAP gives some kind of a standard facility.

But what you can do is create a RFC destination to System B in transaction SM59.

Test the connection and see if it is successful.

Once this is done what you can do is create a RFC to retrieve the search help (There is a standard function module that does that and it is mentioned in the document given by santhosh. But you will have to create a Z wrapper around the standard function module to make it RFC enabled).

When you are executing this RFC you can pass the RFC destination name.

This will execute the RFC on the Remote System B and hence return you the remote system values :).

Well hope that was helpful

regards

Ravi

Answers (0)