cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping of Turnkey projects in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am fresher in the consultancy field. I have got a Turnkey projects from a client. The projects will mostly be of erection & commissioning of Sub-stations and some automation projects. I have got flow diagrams of their processes involved in projects.

I want to know how to map it in SAP. From where should i start in mapping? Beside this I have to make my client understand how their projects will look like in SAP. How should I present to make them understand before mapping it into SAP?

Pls. help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to understand their bussines.

They are in to the Turnkey project that means they must be using the MS Projects or Primavera.

Check how much details they are maintaining in terms of the WBS Elements and activity wise.

I would go as follows:

1. Ask them to figure out the various phases of the Project (in your case Construction and Commissioning)

So I would mark these phases as WBS Elements. (Level-2 WBS Element)

Level 3 WBS Element would be the various equipment they would be installing e.g LVAC, Shunt reactor, Power transformer.

2. Then various activities in these phases would be the activities that need to be included.

3. I wonder you have not mentioned about the procurement activities.

So do maintain them as well.

This way the Project structure becomes easy to monitor the progress on each front.

Also becomes easy to monitor the budget component wise and phase wise.

hope its useful.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing i wanted to ask. Should i maintain the top WBSE as a billing element?

1) When they will be giving quotation to the customer, should project be made first and cost planned? And accordingly quotation should be placed?

What should be the best method for cost planning /estimation for giving quotation to customer?

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> One more thing i wanted to ask. Should i maintain the top WBSE as a billing element?

>

> 1) When they will be giving quotation to the customer, should project be made first and cost planned? And accordingly quotation should be placed?

>

> What should be the best method for cost planning /estimation for giving quotation to customer?

I propose the Cost planning from PS and then Quotation Creation.

Thanks..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

This is V. Srinivasa Rao, currently I working as a Project-Manager-SAP. I saw your mail. If you don't mind would you be able to give your contact and any other e-mail ID's please. Because My SAP-organization is having 160-200 manpower. All of this manpowe was dedicated persons. We will be able to handle any type projects, i.e., Implementation or Sypport. So kindly reply me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards

V. Srinivasa Rao

Project Manager

Mobile:- 91 + 9985327039

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vedula

You can contact me on pallavic1982 at indiatimes.com

Pls. tell what help do you need from me.

pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya ..this kind of Project structure should be there i understand..But i wanted to ask..that if they will be maintaining same kind of projects in future, we can make one project as a template.

Beside this this client is also in manufacturing (rather assembling to make a finished product) elec. products like relays, control & relay panels, switchgears. Obviously for turnkey projects, they will checking their stock also and hiring sub-vendors for supply of materials. So, MRP run and PRs both will be applicable here. But How BOM will be applicable here?

They have divided activities(process) in two parts in this regard. one Civil and other electrical. Should I consider `Procurement' as an level-2 WBSE as a separate entity for all items in project OR procurement of services and material as a SAP activity in Civil WBSE and Elec. WBSE?

They are currently using MSP and Tally for finances.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Ya ..this kind of Project structure should be there i understand..But i wanted to ask..that if they will be maintaining same kind of projects in future, we can make one project as a template.

>

Yes You Can.

> Beside this this client is also in manufacturing (rather assembling to make a finished product) elec. products like relays, control & relay panels, switchgears. Obviously for turnkey projects, they will checking their stock also and hiring sub-vendors for supply of materials. So, MRP run and PRs both will be applicable here. But How BOM will be applicable here?

>

What would be the CAD BOM fro them? Same would be applicable here as well.

> They have divided activities(process) in two parts in this regard. one Civil and other electrical. Should I consider `Procurement' as an level-2 WBSE as a separate entity for all items in project OR procurement of services and material as a SAP activity in Civil WBSE and Elec. WBSE?

>

Procurement could be another WBS Element Level2. Depend how they would like to track the cost and Budget.

> They are currently using MSP and Tally for finances.

check if the MSP structure they are using is Okay in SAP as well.

Thanks!