Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Master in SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys:

One quick question for you:

It is required to replicate the Product Master from SRM to SUS when I am working with to different instances for each one (Two servers)? And if not, how does SUS supports the use of Questionnaires or the POR or any other functionality where Product or Product Category Data is involved??

Thanks hope you can help me out.

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes you need to replicate product categories , units and products.... in to your SUS.

I am not very sure wether it is possible to replicate from one SRM system to other , i mean from EBP to SUS.

But it is always possible to replicate from R/3 to SRM.

so if you can replicate from R/3 to EBP , you can also replicate from R/3 to SUS....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khan, for your answer:

One more question I thought about after I read your reply, If we want to use the MDM SRM catalog, the products on this catalog need to be replicate to the R3 Material Master right? so what happens with the SRM and SUS product master, does this should be populated with this products as well??

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Pl correct me if I am wrong.

As per my understanding, there is no product Master maintained in the SUS.

Product Master is maintained either in R3 or SRM(EBP).

Can any body please give more inputs,please?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo & Nagarjan,

As per my understanding you need not to transfer material / service masters to SUS client. Only transfer to EBP. SUS sysem is only used to manage transactional originally created in partner system (R/3 or EBP), so there is no need of any material / service master data transfer.

If you have MDM system, it can be used for data maintainence, data synchronization or data syndication between MDM and R/3 systems. Replicate masters from R/3 to EBP client. Delta part will be taken care of by CRM middleware settings.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your input. I am a little confuse about something about the fact that we do not need to replicate the product master to SUS:

1.- On the Supplier Self Registration, there is a section where the supplier needs to select the product categories, so this means I need to replicate at least the product categories to SUS right?? if not how is it possible for the supplier to select these ones??

2.- When you send the PO from SRM to SUS, it contains information about the products to be purchased, if we do not have any data into the product master in SUS, this does not afect the document sent from SRM to SUS??

Thanks all

Hugo